Pages

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Family Fun!

So far, the weekend has been a blast. Friday night, Tom & I took his dad out to dinner at Olive Garden for Father's Day. Dad brought his girlfriend, Peggy, and the 4 of us had a good time. The food was delicious. After dinner, Tom & I drove down the street to a very large mall and walked around inside for 30 to 40 minutes to help work off the meal. LOL  Even though the mall is only 15 minutes from our house, I bet we haven't been inside of it for probably 8 or more years, and it was interesting to discover all the new shops that are in it now. We certainly didn't see ANY evidence of the current recession affecting the mall and it's many stores, which was good to see.

Today I enjoyed sleeping in a bit, then I ran errands to our local Kmart and then to Kroger while Tom cut the backyard grass. Afterward, we went to my sister's house where we met up with the rest of my family for some BBQing and outdoor fun. The temperature was only in the mid-70's, and there was a consistent breeze, so only my niece and nephews were brave enough to go swimming in the (heated) pool. My dad showed up, which was nice. We finally got to wish him a Happy Father's Day! My aunt and her 2 adult daughters came too. It was a good-sized bunch, and we shared some laughs and enjoyed some delicious, potluck-style food. I've posted some photos of the gathering.

My niece, Riley, helped me shuck the corn for dinner. That was a first for her!
My sister and my dad.
My sister and cousin, Mary, playing Ladder Ball after dinner.
Two of my nephews in the pool.

And lastly, Angela called me this morning and gave us what I'm beginning to call her "weekly update." This is where we get nothing but text messages from her all week, and then suddenly she calls with excitement in her voice, and just talks our ears off with the latest in what's going on in Naples. AND WE LOVE IT! LOLOL  This morning she got to perform digital x-rays on a pregnant Welsh-Corgi dog because the dog had birthed 4 pups overnight, and the owner knew there were more to come, but they weren't coming out. Ang loved using the new, hi-tech x-ray machine because it showed so much, and with greater clarity than standard x-ray machines. She was able to see 4 additional puppies--their skulls and backbones--awaiting birth, and the doc didn't see any reason that the momma wouldn't be able to deliver the remaining babies on her own, although they did keep her overnight to be sure there were no problems. Angela shared a lot of other stories too, but all of it was good, and she is just thrilled with her job.

And, the funniest note to Angela's report was that yesterday, when she opened up the drapes in her upstairs bedroom, she happened to look over at the neighbor's house (because their upstairs curtains were open) and noticed that the man of the house (a middle-aged, Mexican gentleman) was sound asleep in his bed and TOTALLY NAKED!!!!  She couldn't believe her eyes! THAT is when you know that your neighbor's house is too close, am I right? I doubt she'll be looking over in that direction in the mornings from now on.  ROFL

Hugs to all, and have a super-duper weekend, gang!

5 comments:

  1. Love that Angela is loving her job! Sounds like a good weekend so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun weekend!!
    Maybe you could give me the address where she lives....Hahahaaaa....for investagative purposes,you understand...?!!!Hahaaaaa
    Happy Sunday Girl!
    hughugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yeah, for sure. Donna and I will load up the flatbed and search out the mexican nekkid man. LOL

    So glad you're having a good weekend! I know you're sad that your brother is leaving though. Great pics!!

    Have a blessed Sunday! ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a nice barbecue get-together! And I think I would get some of that window film, if I had that kind of view, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad that you're enjoying such a nice weekend. And that your daughter is so happy is just icing on the cake!

    ReplyDelete