Pages

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Animals Enjoy the Sun Too!

Hmph. Go figure. It actually hit 50 degrees here in Metro Detroit today. I'll admit. I was a doubter, especially when I left the house for work, had my winter coat on, and could see my frosty breath floating through the air. I guess spring really is on it's way, and all I can say is: IT'S ABOUT DARNED TIME!

When I went home to have lunch, I found all 3 of our cats laying in front of our doorwall, just taking in all that warmth and sunshine. I guess I'm not the only one who enjoys those things.  :-)

Mmmmmm, mom. This sunshine feels GREAT!

I also noticed that our tulips and hyacinths are poking up from the ground in our front flower garden. That helped to make my day. Below are some of my hyacinth plants. I can't wait until they flower because they always smell SO good!


And since I was taking photos at lunch, I figured I should throw in one of our loyal and treasured dog, Becky. She's an oldie now (will be 12 next week), but certainly a goodie, and a wonderful friend and companion. We  love her to pieces! Here she is laying on her favorite couch spot. She's a mix--Black Lab and Great Dane. I know, what a combo, right? She's a very large and powerful dog, but has a heart of gold.

Becky "Marie" (named so after her Aunt Jeanette...lol)

OK, that's enough photos for one day. I hope the temperatures in my neck of the woods continue to warm up this week, and I hope life warms your heart each day by sending you a little something ~special~.

7 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed seeing your creatures. The cats love the heat of the sun. Our old yellow cat loves to lay in front of the heat vent and sleep for long period of times. I really like your dog. Our poodle is twelve years old also. He is kid number three as far as we are concerned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suppose to be in the 70's on Sunday--I am so hoping.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course our cats lay in the sun, too! I actually have joined them a time or two and it feels great!! Supposed to be beatiful on Sunday so enjoy! Oh, and thanks for the honor of naming sweet Becky with my middle name!! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwwww....love the kitties and pup...All of ours are now gone...This makes me miss them!
    Happy weekend Debbie!
    hughugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. All your animals are so pretty. Hope it is a warm weekend for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Larry--I know what you mean. Our dog is like one of our kids too!
    Judy--now I'm hearing highs in the 60's on Saturday. Still, that's a far cry better than the 30's & 40's, ya know? I'll take it!
    Jeanette--you know that you're Becky's favorite aunt! lol
    Donna & Yolanda--hope you guys have an awesome weekend too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely pictures of your kitties in the sun, hyacinths popping up and sweet Becky Marie. Enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete