Tuesday, April 19, 2011
Peace to You During This Holy Week
Do any of you have special plans for Easter? Tom and I look forward to sharing dinner with our families--my family will be gathering at my sister's house Saturday afternoon, and Tom's family will gather at his dad's house Sunday afternoon.
Of course, this week will be really busy for me at work. I have to complete 4 worship service bulletins by Friday (Maundy Thursday, Good Friday noon worship, Good Friday Tenebrae service and Eater Sunday) AND start work on the monthly church newsletter that has to be done by next Wednesday morning. Ahhhhh! But it's always like this during Holy Week, and after being at my job for 12 years now, I'm used to it. Somehow, it all gets done.
Oh, and before I forget, thanks, Jeanette, for stopping by today and dropping off a loaf of the Fugasa bread you made! Tom and I each had a piece and it was delicious!
Wow, thanks so much to my blogger friend, Laura, from A Simple Happy Life who kindly awarded me this Kreative Blogger Award. It was certainly unexpected, and very much appreciated. :-)
According to Laura, I'm now supposed to list 10 things about myself. Hmm...I never know what to say about me, but here goes I guess:
1. I'm the oldest of four children.
2. I've lived in Michigan my entire life.
3. I love purses (just like my sister-in-law, Jeanette!), but limit myself to buying only one or two a year and I always try to make sure they're on sale.
4. It's difficult for me to live in Michigan sometimes because our state only gets 75 sunny days/year and that can be really depressing for me.
5. I LOVE to camp!
6. I'm a huge animal lover.
7. I went away to college (Central Michigan University) to become a radio d.j. and worked at the college radio station. Somehow, I ended up going into office administration, financial reporting and bookkeeping. Go figure.
8. Just like most mom's, I believe you can NEVER give your kids too many hugs. :-)
9. My hubby & I can't wait to retire, and we'd love to buy a used RV and travel the U.S.
10. My hubby is my very best friend and makes me laugh A LOT.
By the way, I never did continue shopping and looking for a spring jacket. A girlfriend told me about an online company called "haband.com" that has quality clothing for good prices, and I found a couple of jackets I like there, so I'll probably order my jacket from them. Just thought I'd share the website in case anyone is interested.
The weather has been awful here the past two days--cold, snowy and windy. I hate cold winds! We're supposed to have possible thunderstorms tonight. We'll see. I'll take those if it means having warmer temps later this week.
Have a wonderful and blessed Holy Week, everyone, and I hope your weather is much better than ours! Hugs!